Sunday, April 19, 2009

Lucic Gets One Game Suspension


This will be my third of the day. I wasn’t planning on another one, but Milan Lucic did get suspended so I figured I would weigh in on that. I think it stinks but I mean if you really look at it. It’s deserved. To quote Colin Campbell, the NHL’s disciplinarian,
"While it is unclear whether Lucic's glove or stick makes contact with Lapierre,
what is clear is that he delivered a reckless and forceful blow to the head of
his opponent.”

I do agree. Lucic, Boston’s young forward whom has earned many comparisons to the likes of power forward tough guy Cam Neely, punched Maxim Lapierre’s head with a combination of his his gloved fist and stick. Lapierre’s helmet flew off and then Lucic gave another hard face wash to the Habs fiesty little agitator.

In my own opinion, I am a little upset. Not because I don’t think he deserved the suspension, because unfortunately he does. But for the fact that Montreal “tried” (noticed the word tried) to send some type of message at the end of game one. Nothing was done then. Had something been done to Mike Komisarek or Lapierre from the end of Game One’s antics, Lucic might not have had to do what he did.

Maybe this is the league’s way to stretch out the series and give the Canadiens a chance? They need the help. If Im a betting man, and I am, the Bruins are just more pissed off now. Good Luck Montreal, you’re gooing to need it.

Take a look at the clip of the play here:

No comments:

Post a Comment