Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bruins Sweep, Off to First Second Round Appearance in 10 Years

Well, here I am ready to talk about the win from last night and the series sweep and at this point its probably old news. Last night I was trying to enjoy the game and do a few other things so I didn’t have a chance to write.

Tonight, I have my own game, a tournament I might add that will go on through the weekend, so as I wait for that, now is a great time to talk about the Bruins.

The Bruins did exactly what I said they would do in my prior post. They came into the Bell Centre and steam-rolled those French …. Errr guys. As you can tell, I’m really not impressed by the Canadiens and never will be. It’s like a die-hard Red Sox fan liking anything to do with the Yankees. Of course I do not like the Yanks either, but you catch my drift.

Pacing the Bruins for the second game in a row was former member of the hated Canadiens, Newfie Michael Ryder. Ryder scored the equalizer in the first after the Habs took a quick 1-0 lead. Following his first of the game, he set up linemate David Krejci for eventual game-winner and then later added another. I believe that gave the sharp-shooting winger four goals in the series. I don’t feel like looking it up, but take my word for it because I’m very rarely wrong.

Obviously, after the Bruins took a commanding lead last night, it was important to preserve the win but also to be smart and get injured. Of course you had to know something would happen and why not believe it would be between Milan Lucic and Mike Komisarek.

Didn’t Mike Komisarek learn his lesson the first time the two fought? Lucic nearly destroyed his face and ripped his shoulder out of his socket. Apparently not because “Komi” goaded the Luciamotive into another round of fist-a-cuffs. Except this time, Lucic threw one punch that connected with Komisarek’s face and it the fight was over.

Well, I said that ended the fight, but certainly not the feud. Late in the third the Canadiens defenseman looked to try and decapitate Lucic. Yes, real classy to pull that with minimal time on the clock as well the series all but over. Komisarek cross-checked Lucic so hard it snapped his composite stick in half and cut Lucic on the cheek with a face-washing after. Obviously Lucic was fine, but it got Komisarek a five-minute major and 10-minute misconduct. Thus, ending his season a bit prematurely. See ya Mike!

Now that that’s out of the way, who do the Boys of Black ‘N Gold play next? The guess here is that New York finishes off Washington and plays the Bruins because they have the seventh seed. If Washington win it will come down to if Carolina beats New Jersey. Again, if New Jersey wins, it will become the winner of Philly vs. Pittsburgh series. I truly don’t think Washington will come back because Lundquist is too hot. He is playing some real good hockey.

If the Bruins get the Rags, look for Sean Avery to pull his usual. Of course, look for the Bruins to continue in the discipline factor and get to Lundquist quickly.
During the regular season the Bruins went 2-1-1 against the Rangers and shut them out twice (2-0 and 1-0 respectively).

I leave it at that for now. Ill be back soon to weigh in on some Western Conference thoughts as well as some things in the Eastern Conference I expected and didn’t expect.
As for my tournament tonight, Go Hammers!

PS. The Bruins broke out their Victory dance, did you?

No comments:

Post a Comment