Sunday, April 19, 2009

Entry One - What makes my opinion matter?


So this is my first entry. I would love to be able to do all sports, but I only pay attention to hockey so that’s why I will be talking just hockey. Im a bit late to the game here, but better late than never and with playoff hockey beginning… its perfect timing.

Ok so first I would like to say that I am doing this because my good friend and college roommate does it and he loves it. Go to Nicks blog at http://www.lynchyrightnow.com/ or you can click here. He talks all sports, even golf so you can certainly learn plenty. He asked my to be on his podcast with Joe Roche for an NHL Preview. Its on itunes under “The Right Now” pod cast so go check it out.

Now for my background so you know I’m not just talking out my arse. I have been around hockey since I was born. I grew up in hockey rinks across New England. So as a little guy I wanted to play on the Boston Bruins. Yet again, who doesn’t want to be a pro athlete in their favorite sport? So as I grew older, my height didn’t. So, I decided I would play as far as college, but study sports to work in sports. Closest thing I could get to actually reaching my dream. Long story short, graduated from Nichols College and landed a job with, yep you guessed it, my beloved Boston Bruins.

I was the content manager of http://www.bostonbruins.com/. It was awesome. I made some great contacts and met lots of nice people. Of course, the team wasn’t all that good but the players were great guys. I still keep in touch with a few of them today.

From there, I came back to Worcester to be the Public Relations Manager for the new Worcester Sharks. It was a step back in league and pay but a great step for my career. Anyway, worked there a year and decided the pay and the long hours was not something I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Experience was awesome and I wouldn’t change a thing. I just wanted to make more money and go back to being a fan.

So now I work for a Fleet Leasing Company. But who cares I have talked way too much about myself. I plan to update this frequently so I’m going to wrap this up.

Before I go though, how about them Bruins. Awesome game last night. To a man, they completely dismantled the Habs. Now they had back to Montreal and if they win game three, I am busting out my broom baby. I will say, I hope Milan Lucic doesn’t get suspended. I think he may though. It was dumb, but I would have done the same thing. And the only reason I don’t think he should get suspended is because those canadien idiots pulled some crap at the end of game one and got nothing so… there you have my opinion.

I’m going to end this. I will be back with something more in depth later. Please tell all your hockey friends to come check this site out.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment