Friday, May 8, 2009

Hammers Gear Up for Day One in Lake Placid


It is 8:55am and I am awake. Should I be? Probably not, but then again I have never been able to sleep late so who cares. We made it Lake Placid yesterday afternoon about 3:30 pm and after seeing my room I knew it was going to be a great weekend.

Rock is my roommate. Eric Plainte is his real name, but for the record, I have never ever heard anybody use his name. Actually, the first three years playing with these guys I never knew his real name.

Now, I get here and check-in and head to the room. I open the door and walk in. My jaw hit the floor.

“How the hell did I manage to land a suite,” I muttered to myself.

Yes, you read right. We got a suite. Now, this could be great or very bad. No matter what, I love it. We have a couch and a fireplace up in here. It’s awesome. So right now, I am on the couch, buck naked, typing this while Rock-o sleeps. I really am naked and I only told you so you can picture it perfectly in your head! SORRY! Hahah

So last night we went to Rumours – a nice bar/ club in the hotel. It was dead at first and I was skeptical, but as the night went on it got better. I should not fail to mention that George had already put me in a Jacuzzi and soaked me so I was on my second set of clothes for the day. Figures, the year I don’t bring much and that happens. It’s ok though, you know what the say about payback.

So back to Rumours. I’m a young guy and single so naturally when I see a girl by herself at the bar, I’ll say hi. Her friend stood her up and she’s throwing back Long Island Ice Tea’s like a champ. I’m impressed… and attracted. No, she was not fat. So, we get to talking and Paulie comes over and dumps popcorn on my head… and hers. Really?!?! I thought right there it was over, but shockingly enough, we kept talking.

We laughed it off so no big deal. But at this point I know any single guy on our team is going to try and mess up my game. Sure enough, I couldn’t have been more right. Where was Rock when I needed him? Mackin and Mike (Philly Cheese Steak) come over and start talking to her so I just said screw it. It doesn’t matter because I realized she was just looking for free drinks. So I let them by her the drinks. I am here to play hockey and win games anyway. If there are girls, that’s just bonus.

I let them do their thing… no clue what happened because I headed back to MY SUITE. Did they? No, so I don’t care, I was happy regardless.

Now, back to hockey. We have two games today. If you click here, you can follow us on Pointstreak.com.

Our first game is against the Westmount Nordiques. They are from Quebec so we won’t be able to understand any of their French. Dad, if your reading, thanks for teaching me the French you know… sense the sarcasm!

That first game begins at 11:20 am and then we play the Syracuse Rangers at 4:50 pm. Hopefully when I come back later for game recaps we will be 2-0. If we play the way we can, we are capable of coming up here and kicking the crap out of every team. That’s a fact.

Ok its 9:15 and I need a coffee and a bagel and need to hit the gym for a quick jog to loosen up. Keep checking in all day, Ill have updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment