Saturday, May 9, 2009

Hammers Ready for Game Three -- A Win Sends Them to Gold Medal Round

Its Saturday morning and its 1030 am. Roc is still passed out in his bed with an occasional groan. He did wake up to tell me he was still drunk and figured he would vomit around 1:00 pm.

As for me, I was up late and up early. I feel good and hope that can carry over to our game at 3:30 against the guys from Montreal. I met a couple of them last night at the bar. They were Bruins fans who live in Montreal. I loved it. After watching them play we should be able to handle them quite easily. We will have to see. A win will put us in the gold medal round. We will surely be playing against the Syracuse Rangers who beat the Nordiques this morning 7-0.

We lost to the Rangers yesterday 5-3. Their goalie is awful, but they were definitely the better team. I don’t want to admit it but I really have no choice. They’re much faster than us but tire easily. If we can wear them down tomorrow morning we will have a game. Its important to note that we can beat them. They were better but not unbeatable. We are a good team when everybody does their part, spreads out and sticks to the game plan.

As a side note, Charlie must have made 45 saves yesterday. He played magnificently and as much as I don’t want to say he’ll have to be a huge factor for us tomorrow, he really is going to need to be. I don’t think I have ever seen him play better than the performance he turned in yesterday. The score sheet said 21 saves but I’m pretty sure the scorekeeper was blind in one eye. Speaking of blind, the referees we had were terrible. I have never seen a game called as lop-sided as they called it yesterday. Not to mention, those bastards looked pretty young. I’m going to go out on a limb and say they probably just started growing pubic hair this year. I hope they don’t ref us again and for their sake too because I will be shooting at them when I dump the puck in the zone. We shall see.

So Chris Mackin will be doing the shootout. Hope he does well. He looked much better today than he did yesterday. He looked like the floor of taxi cab yesterday. Im pretty sure Roc took that analogy today.

So with all that being said, I’m done here. Ill have a game recap after our game later.

GO HAMMERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment