Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bruins Desperate for a Win

As I sit here during my lunch break, I figure why not write about the Bruins. I’ve already eaten a sandwich and well, quite frankly, every time I think about my favorite team I feel sick to my stomach. So, with that being the case, why not write about them.

Anybody who follows hockey or even the Bruins knows that the trade deadline is looming and if the Bruins want to make the playoffs something will need to happen.

Now, when I say something needs to happen, that doesn’t mean go out and send two draft picks, two prospects and a roster player to Atlanta to have Ilya Kovalchuk play for your team for two months. I’m all set with that notion. No matter what this team does this year, they are not winning the Stanley Cup. There is just not enough passion in the locker room. So, bringing the almighty Ilya Kovalchuk to the team will be a waste, even if he is one of the most dynamic scorer’s in the league.

Okay, so now that I’ve gotten that off my chest, that doesn’t mean the Bruins need to stand pat. To be completely honest, I’m sick of GM Peter Chiarelli continue to say he’s still evaluating etc. It’s time to do something. Stop being a chicken shit and pull the trigger. I’m not saying make a move to make one, but for cripe sake, do something to put a spark under this dastardly-looking hockey team.

Many people are calling out for Claude Julien to be fired. Sorry folks, aint happenin’. Nor should it. Julien proved last year that he’s worth every penny they’ve paid him and he will make this team a contender. Chiarelli needs to do his part and provide a roster with some talent and passion. Last year, it looked as though we had it, this year, not so much. Julien didn’t win the Coach of the Year award for nothing last year. So let’s stop with the nonsense that he needs to be axed.

Players on the roster that have disappointed are as follows: Blake Wheeler, Marco Sturm, Matt Hunwick, Dennis Wideman, Zdeno Chara, David Krejci and Michael Ryder. I’m willing to see any of these guys go except Krejci. Unfortunately Chara and Sturm have no-trade clauses so it wouldn’t be that easy.

There now I feel better. Regardless of any trade, I think tonight’s Montreal game will be the turnaround the Bruins need. A big rivalry and tons of bad blood between these two squads should be just what the doctor ordered to get this hockey team out from underneath the avalanche that’s rapidly ripping them away from a playoff stop.

Montreal Canadiens vs. Boston Bruins + TD Garden + sold-out raucous crowd = slump buster. Let’s see it. You heard it here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment